Excimer laser is a laser technology that corrects the eye defect (myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism) of the person by changing the shape of the cornea layer in the front of the eye.
Today, some techniques in Excimer Laser treatment are selected according to the patient's eye compatibility;
- Smile laser treatment: The state-of-the-art method applied to the incisionless cornea, which can also be applied to thin corneas, the patient returns to his normal life after 4 hours.
- I-LASIK laser treatment: It provides space technology and sharp vision, vision begins immediately after the laser, and the patient returns to his normal life after 4 hours.
- Laser treatment without touching: It is the new version of the Prk method, it is a procedure done without touching the eye. The healing process takes 1 week. A protective contact lens is placed on the eye for 1 week.
- Superficial treatments. (PRK-LASEK Prk is the first technique of excimer laser)
One of these methods is selected according to the patient's eye compatibility with the advice of the doctor.
Thanks to these methods, which are widely used today, it is now very easy to get rid of your glasses and lenses with a short process.
Which candidates can Excimer Laser be applied to?
- - For those over the age of 18
- - If there is no cataract or the initial stage of cataract (Nuclear Sclerosis), there is no upper age limit.
- - Those who have not changed more than 0.50 in the degree of glasses in the last two years.
- - Those whose eye structure is found suitable after detailed examinations and examinations and those who do not have an eye disease that will prevent the procedure (glaucoma, keratoconus, diabetic retinopathy, etc.)
- - Those with sufficient corneal thickness.
- - Those who do not have rheumatism and connective tissue disease.
- - Those with myopia up to 10.0 diopters.
- - Those with hyperopia up to 6.00 diopters.
- - Those with astigmatism up to 6.00 diopters.